KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
Easier to carry though.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I cant find one at the price you mentioned above. Good call on the different types of lifting systems.

Near as dammit. Price does seem to fluctuate though

From what I gather Sealey benches are shipped directly from the manufacturer and require a forklift at your end to unload.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I’ll be opting for an EazyRizer or the Abba Skylift. They look a lot easier for stripping a bike down.

I have always wanted a bike bench, but does seem more hassle to get wheels off, less safe than the options above.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I’ll be opting for an EazyRizer or the Abba Skylift. They look a lot easier for stripping a bike down.

I have always wanted a bike bench, but does seem more hassle to get wheels off, less safe than the options above.
the Abba skylift gives you all the freedom to do remove the wheels.
a bench is pretty much raising the floor instead rather than you going through the knees. what you use on the bench is ultimately the same as on the floor...
in my previous house I put 2 scaffolding wall anchor pints/bolts, these could hold 1200kg each! the guy I got them from is a scaffolding foreman, they did a test once how much they could hold. they stopped as the bricks were being pulled out at about 1000kg!
point is: I had 2 anchor points above the bench and used ratchet straps to hold the bike whilst lowering the bench to get the wheels out (no didn't have suitable paddock stands for the older bikes with 18"and 19" wheels).

Skylift is then less hassle...

·
Registered
415 Posts
I would have got a ramp but my various crippledness (is that a word?) makes wheeling bikes up and down ramps a bit dodgy so the Eazy Rizer seemed safer (for me).

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wanted the table / bench lift however shipping costs to Hong Kong were more then the products themselves. Thank you for the mfgr & p/n references in earlier posts. Can pursue those for another location in US. So in 2019 I opted for the Abba Skylift for my Triumph’s (sold KTM….for now). Abba skylift working fine; some observations (1) the hydraulic lift cylinder leaked fluid at threads of valve knob when the valve knob was full closed (Abba sent me a new cylinder in it’s entirety at no cost! 😁). (2) left the cylinder extended a small bit for few days and it corroded (pitting) severely 😳😫 cleaned most pitting out and never leave it extended again (not practical if you have a bike disassembled in it for any length of time. Granted, mine is in carport (not a garage) in Hong Kong environmental conditions (29-34c, 80%+ humidity). Good news is I had received the new hyd cyl unit already. (3) Skylift works off of swingarm pivot point… so if removing swingarm back to crawling around on floor 🤪. I now have centre stands on both Triumphs so removing swingarm possible (on the floor, or a bench lift if I had one 😫). (4) Skylift to lift entire bike horizontally requires using strap attached to swingarm to prevent bike pivoting around swingarm attach point. (5) depending on what you are doing Skylift arms, lift etc may interfere with access and removal of bike bits.

Ideally I would have both a table / bench lift & Skylift for options, in a climate controlled garage with lots of space (dreaming…for now).

Abba site;

My Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE in Skylift;
(My Triumph Tiger 1050 fits as well so definitely handles heavy bikes).

hope that helps someone here. Ride safe and enjoy!

Reactions: DAB

·
Registered
603 Posts
my Skylift (and bench in the background with the Ducati single bevel 1959)

Reactions: Miner

·
Registered
12 Posts
(3) Skylift works off of swingarm pivot point… so if removing swingarm back to crawling around on floor [emoji2957 said:
Abba sell some fixings that mount in the foot peg threads (after you remove the foot pegs). You can lift the bike from these fixings and that allows you to remove the swing arm pivot bolt.

·
Registered
60 Posts
“Abba sell some fixings that mount in the foot peg threads (after you remove the foot pegs). You can lift the bike from these fixings and that allows you to remove the swing arm pivot bolt.”

thank you I over looked the swing arm kit when purchasing my Skylift, contacted Abba Stand today!

·
Registered
7,545 Posts

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I have Abba's superbike lift, which preceded their skylift. Had it donkey's years, used on many different bikes, bloody brilliant.

If I didn't have it, I'd have a skylift.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
I have the Sealey bike lift, can do most things with it, really stable and I think it was £330 inc delivery a few years ago.
I’d probably buy a skylift now as I like the option of wheeling the bike around, but the bench is unbeatable for scattering your tools everywhere and leaving parts of the bike close to hand.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts