KTM Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Administrator
3,880 Posts
I did wonder about that - why buy a new one? Lack of MOT/warranty support? Or just "I can, so why not"? I'm not knocking either, it's a nice place to be :) :scooter:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Just semi retired. Good payout. Cost effective just for the European cover. And yes because I can and why not. Plus had the dreaded steering wobble between 40 and 50 mph which could not be solved so have gone for a new one.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Mines an Apr 2014, had 3k miles on it Jan 2015 when I bought it and now has 19,000miles on it. Heading to Scotland next week so should be seeing over 21k by the time I return.

I have to say, whenever I ride the bike, I couldn't think of another bike I'd rather be on. Love it. Hoping to see 30k by the end of the year. It's what it was built for.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
385 Posts
Achnasheen. Aiming for Skye. Might stay a little longer and head upto Ullapool and do the north again. It's a wonderful place.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Yip just back from a trip up there. Stayed in strontian then done 15 miles of gravel between polloch and Glenfinnan. Then headed up to Lochinver and stayed at clachtoll beach campsite. Also went to Durness. Scotland rules.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
385 Posts
Aye, you've just got to hope for good weather to put the icing on the cake. Sounds like you had a good trip. Just planned for 4 days but somebody at work booked me off for an extra 3 days so................ :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thought I would resurrect this thread and ask is 30,000 miles a lot of miles for one of these bikes? I'm looking to purchase one as my daily commuter and whilst the bike is in really good condition with full KTM service history, the mileage is a bit of a concern. The bikes a 2013 model.

·
Administrator
3,880 Posts
Not at all. Mine only has 15k miles and the engine is only just loosening up. Loads of 9x0 engines went for 100k plus miles before any major work, and there is no reason the 1190 is not the same, or better. Just check the airbox is not dirty if it has been used offroad without better filter setup.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts