KTM Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Well that's me on 9.5k on 2015 adventure r. Definitely gonna do more miles this year. So have any of you managed to put big miles in your 1190 yet?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have a 2014 with close to 63,000mls on the clock, used every day, goes touring europe and green laneing, this is the one that set fire to itself triggering the recall. It gets a major dealer service every year and i do the interim oil changes and normal maintenance which doesn't amout to much, I get through five sets of tyres every year!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Fair play to you dude. Have you had any major issues? Will you take it past the 100k Mark?
Have had no major issues, it's the bike iv'e had the most fun on, it's so versatile at everything with some serious grunt thrown in.

Can't afford to change it at the mo but i was seriously impressed with a 1090s I rode for three days when mine was in for service last year, it just lacked in power a bit too much, it was so much lighter than mine and would be easier off road.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I probably have the lowest annual mileage with only 190 miles last year. Hoped this year would be better but not so far

·
Registered
27 Posts
any particular problems or preventive maintenance that you’ve done.
Earthing issue a 69k. KTM covered some of the costs to find the culprit. It was a connector block under the tank.

Fork seal at 60k - only 1 side

New brake discs all round at 58k. Went OEM as they lasted well I thought.

Numerous rear inner spoke seals rubber. Poor design. Has to go in dry or they slip and tear at TPMS valve.

New battery every 20 months. Approx 16k of riding all year round. Heated accessories used in winter.

Fuel filters at 28k. Blocked. No issues since - weird.
During lockdown I stripped it and did a nut and bolt refurb, resprayed loads of bits, it looks mint now.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts