KTM Owners Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Interesting. Mine's coming up to 36K and its second big service.

No issues whatsoever, touch wood. Thinking about a suspension refurb at AMS over winter. Not had any problems with rim sealing. In fact the 1190 holds pressure better than my Superduke. The TPMSs are playing up though. the rear one more often than not doesn't work. A tyre fitter told me the Bikeseal anti-puncture fluid I'd used gets inside them and corrupts them. Either that or the battery is flat, but as the fault is intermittent, the tyre fitter may be right.

The only cosmetic sign of it's mileage is on the rear brake line ends which have gone very dull and old-looking, but not actually rusty or furry. Other than that when washed and polished it would pass for a 10K bike.
I have a slight oil weep from the generator wire grommet, which wants cleaning and resealing. And the cam cover rubber gasket is weeping very slightly on the rear cylinder. Both of these I put down to a slap-dash 18K service at an independent dealer who didn't bother to change the cam cover gaskets. And the grommet weep only started after I got the bike back from him. Maybe he popped the grommet out for some reason and pushed it back without cleaning it.
Both these minor issues will be addressed at the next service. I have also added about a cup of oil since the last change. These engines are subject to oil evaporation which is why its a good idea to stick with the recommended Motorex because it has anti-evaporation additives. The two weeping seals might account for it in my case.

I hope I've still got it at 136 K.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Fuel filters at 28k. Blocked. No issues since - weird.
Might of been partly due to crap in tanks when new (From manufacturing process) or just a bit of shitty fuel here and there?

Had mine done at 16k service for peace of mind, will do same on the 1290 when the time comes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Might of been partly due to crap in tanks when new (From manufacturing process) or just a bit of shitty fuel here and there?

Had mine done at 16k service for peace of mind, will do same on the 1290 when the time comes.

I thought the same - I've had no problems in the thousands of miles since.

·
Registered
316 Posts
My 2014 1190 adv is 81700 mls old, I had to replace the clocks last year and fitted a 2nd hand set, I have to add 40000 miles to whatever the clock now read 😜

this is the bike that set fire to itself and prompted the world wide recall 🔥🙈

·
Registered
27 Posts
My 2014 1190 adv is 81700 mls old, I had to replace the clocks last year and fitted a 2nd hand set, I have to add 40000 miles to whatever the clock now read 😜

this is the bike that set fire to itself and prompted the world wide recall 🔥🙈
What happened to the clocks?
What was the recall?

·
Registered
316 Posts
The casing took stone chip and condensation started forming so they were goosed.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts