KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing a few track days, am really playing with the idea of just having a track bike.

In my opinion, roads are full of dick heads, and when I do find a great set of corners it takes hours to get there and nowhere near the rush of the track.

Plus the saving on rego and insurance would pay for around 8+ track days a year + the extra I would have done anyway with a road registered bike.

So how many of you lot just have a track bike and don’t ride on the road?

cheers

Lee

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well av always like truth lol I think the English weather has turned you like that :) only joking mate.

Yes I can see where your coming from and there is alot of truth in take. Just road costs distance to find good twisty roads e.g. A good hour an half each way, the cops!!!

might b worth a crack, try 12 months then I can always get back on the road if its not for me.

apart from cost of track days fee, once you got your gear and setup it don't seem to hard on the pocket or am I missing anything

Tried it, but it isnt the answer. In the Uk, dont know how it is in Aus, you have to book trackdays weeks in advance in Summer; take a day off work, load a van, arrive at the crack of dawn, queue to sign on, queue to noise test, queue for a briefing = listen to the same old bollox you heard last week at the same circuit by the same track day organiser. Struggle to get a garage at Snett or do without at Cadwell. Put up with miserable cunt organisers that want your money but dont actually want you on the circuit at all. Cope with just as many dickheads as you meet roadriding and then it pisses hard, hails, snows etc.

I am pretty bored with road riding here in the Uk but I have gone back to it as at least you can just pick one of the few less damp days and go out for a few hours.

Have a go, it may suit you but I havent done a trackday for 2 years now and I dont really miss them.

·
Registered
21,712 Posts
Maybe buy something like an R6 for $6000 and see what u think. If it dosent work out sell it for $6000.
I'd have to live close to a track to only have a track bike.
I love riding to work and back, its a great way to start and finish the day. I dont do the Sunday type ride, its boring and like you said cops are out and traffic. Going away for 3 days or so is awesome. I just take off alone. That's where the fun is on bikes. Pissin' orf!!'

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
I do both and in addition i ride the EXC in the winter. Can't get enough miles on 2 wheels in my opinion.
You will find dickhead everywhere. Track, road, woods, doens't matter. The trick is to go when they hang about in a bar or at a festival or even better, during a football match!

Reactions: lee rc8

·
Registered
288 Posts
Some good roads up your way Lee, Did a 1000k loop just yesterday near you. Keep your options open as both are great fun. There are plenty dickheads at the track as well.

·
Registered
311 Posts
After doing a few track days, am really playing with the idea of just having a track bike.

In my opinion, roads are full of dick heads, and when I do find a great set of corners it takes hours to get there and nowhere near the rush of the track.

Plus the saving on rego and insurance would pay for around 8+ track days a year + the extra I would have done anyway with a road registered bike.

So how many of you lot just have a track bike and don’t ride on the road?

cheers

Lee
im putting my track bike on road over here in blights just in case there's the odd Sunday I wanna go for a blast with me mates we can just get a daytime MOT over here which requires a horn (cheap halfords jobbie) number plate and rear red reflector and hey presto and that's road legal........honest officer

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
im putting my track bike on road over here in blights just in case there's the odd Sunday I wanna go for a blast with me mates we can just get a daytime MOT over here which requires a horn (cheap halfords jobbie) number plate and rear red reflector and hey presto and that's road legal........honest officer
You have to do all that to make it legal???!!!

PLC (whats an MOT anyway, did I ever say we are VAT free as well?)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
very good points, thanks!

looks like i might have to get both, track and road :) and al take the Mrs 200exc when she is not in lol

well al get mi winter cloths out, off to airport in the morning for a wedding back in that there yorkshire, only in the motherland for 14days, so its gunna be busy, taking mi little bro with me, he's not been back for 12 years since he was 14, hope he's ready for a night out with the boys in newcastle upon tyne this saturday :)

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Bloody hell you are going to meet the YM!??? I'll tell them your comming as most of them cannot read!

Reactions: Papalaza

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
very good points, thanks!

looks like i might have to get both, track and road :) and al take the Mrs 200exc when she is not in lol

well al get mi winter cloths out, off to airport in the morning for a wedding back in that there yorkshire, only in the motherland for 14days, so its gunna be busy, taking mi little bro with me, he's not been back for 12 years since he was 14, hope he's ready for a night out with the boys in newcastle upon tyne this saturday :)
Where in Yorkshire mate???

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tried it, but it isnt the answer. In the Uk, dont know how it is in Aus, you have to book trackdays weeks in advance in Summer; take a day off work, load a van, arrive at the crack of dawn, queue to sign on, queue to noise test, queue for a briefing = listen to the same old bollox you heard last week at the same circuit by the same track day organiser. Struggle to get a garage at Snett or do without at Cadwell. Put up with miserable cunt organisers that want your money but dont actually want you on the circuit at all. Cope with just as many dickheads as you meet roadriding and then it pisses hard, hails, snows etc.

I am pretty bored with road riding here in the Uk but I have gone back to it as at least you can just pick one of the few less damp days and go out for a few hours.

Have a go, it may suit you but I havent done a trackday for 2 years now and I dont really miss them.
Don't laugh. But you got to try minimoto. A fraction of the cost of big bike track riding with more fun, just a bit less adrenaline

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just heading off to airport shud bi in barnsley area for 2 weeks :) hope fully its abit warmer when i land lol

Where in Yorkshire mate???

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.