KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i remember somebody was after one, well if you want one as new..

I was in wayne mounters earlier and i saw a ktm 950 enduro 1500 miles from new, i thought it was new, all original with centerstand conversion and all re-call work done £6500 its in south wales btw

Auto Trader Dealer Pages - W Mounter Motorcycles

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Me (and I expect others). The buyer for my 990 Adv fell through (well fell of the face of the earth), so was looking to hang onto it until after my annual jaunt to the Pyrenees in Sept to do the off road thing. It's a fair trek for me, but if it's that tidy (see I note your Welsh-ness) I might have to give them a call. Going to be tight though - perhaps get it 2 weeks before I go - I'd want to do a fair bit to it before I go (Road book - any ideas? - sat nav, Auto Com, off road tyres etc etc). Or perhaps do a deal and pick it up when I get back.

Either way, thanks for the heads up.

Cheers

Markie

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me (and I expect others). The buyer for my 990 Adv fell through (well fell of the face of the earth), so was looking to hang onto it until after my annual jaunt to the Pyrenees in Sept to do the off road thing. It's a fair trek for me, but if it's that tidy (see I note your Welsh-ness) I might have to give them a call. Going to be tight though - perhaps get it 2 weeks before I go - I'd want to do a fair bit to it before I go (Road book - any ideas? - sat nav, Auto Com, off road tyres etc etc). Or perhaps do a deal and pick it up when I get back.

Either way, thanks for the heads up.

you can get loads of bits for them , you can get either a bike sat nav or get a ram mount and buy a car sat nav if your budgets tight, you can get larger tanks screens, crash protection, the bike is as new, i thought it was new, you tried your bike in px?

not sure which part of wales you are but sport touring in abercynon has lots of bits...

Sportouring Bike Accessories not the cheapest but he stocks lots of stuff

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Cheers - I've got a Road Book / sat nav / Autocom / etc etc on my Adv, but not sure how I'd mount the road book on the SE. Tyres etc are just time. I'm sure the SE's under seat compartment will have enough room for all my electrical gubbins. It's just about the time I'd have to get the bike home and get it all sorted. Will give them a call to see if they would consider a part-ex on an '06 as I'm currently in Hampshire so a long way to go if not. Spent time in Pontypridd (Poly as it was then) them lived in Cardiff/Rhoose etc so know the area fairly well, and the wife's a taff....

cheers

Markie

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there are a few guys on the adnture forum who tour with 950 ktms so may be worth while posting on there, also the adventure section...on here...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cheers - I've got a Road Book / sat nav / Autocom / etc etc on my Adv, but not sure how I'd mount the road book on the SE. Tyres etc are just time. I'm sure the SE's under seat compartment will have enough room for all my electrical gubbins. It's just about the time I'd have to get the bike home and get it all sorted. Will give them a call to see if they would consider a part-ex on an '06 as I'm currently in Hampshire so a long way to go if not. Spent time in Pontypridd (Poly as it was then) them lived in Cardiff/Phoose etc so know the area fairly well, and the wife's a taff....

cheers

Markie
There is loads of space under the seat - much more than the Adventure. Under my seat I have an autocom and a small compressor as well as the usual tool roll. My zumo is attached to the handle bar with the standard parts that come with the unit and powered from the spare switched live connector behind the head light.

I just completed a 2500 mile trip to Sweden for some off-roading on Gotland, and it performed brilliantly.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Bugger he won't take a part-ex on it. After speaking with him I'm 99% sure if he'd taken mine we'd have done a deal. Tyres are scorps if you are interested in it.

Unless anyone wants an 06 990 adv in black in a hurry :)

cheers

Markie

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bugger he won't take a part-ex on it. After speaking with him I'm 99% sure if he'd taken mine we'd have done a deal. Tyres are scorps if you are interested in it.

Unless anyone wants an 06 990 adv in black in a hurry :)

cheers

Markie
Funny enough i just come from there (picking up a headlamp) i asked if he had interest and he said he just got off the phone to someone who wanted to px a 990, have you tried sticking it on here with some pictures?

will will not find a minter 950 enduro, you cant tell its second hand apart from slight tyre wear, its not even run in...

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
heh he that was me :)

Problem I have selling is I'm off to Spain on my annual jaunt 10th Sept so need to shift mine and guarantee getting an SE before that date (with time to prep the SE), so p-exing would have been the ideal situation. So I'm asking around but will prob not be able to do it before I go, so will sell when I get back and then start the search for a tidy SE.

If he changes his mind at any time on p-ex let me know :)
cheers

Markie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts