KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned the 990 superduke standard model,R model and supermoto also the RC8,690 duke and 690 supermoto.Recently the 790 and now have the 890R.Clunky,false neutrals and long throw at the lever.KTM must have competent engineers at least you would think they have?? the 890R is in the dealers next week for a new quickshift sensor on a nearly brand new bike.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I can change up and down clutchless on my sm, just a slight roll on the throttle, works for me.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Had 1090 1190 1290 and all are a bit crap, all sometimes had notchy shift into 5th, 1290 seems best maybe helped by QS

but side by side with Mrs TDM and the V-Strom and CBX commuters I owned which all had wonderful shift action the KTMs all felt aggricultural

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
My SDR is very good. Only had a false neutral when I’ve kept a little pressure on the shifter and not fully released it from the shift before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Rider error, I’ve had a 640lcr, 990SM, 990Duke, 990SMT, 990ADV and after a few years away back to a gen3 1290SDR and only had the very odd false neutral. The gearbox on the 1290 is buttery smooth actually, rode my mates v4 tuono today and the gearbox on it was more clunky

·
Registered
687 Posts
Rider error, I’ve had a 640lcr, 990SM, 990Duke, 990SMT, 990ADV and after a few years away back to a gen3 1290SDR and only had the very odd false neutral. The gearbox on the 1290 is buttery smooth actually, rode my mates v4 tuono today and the gearbox on it was more clunky
In my experience a lot of the problems can be attributed to, incorrect chain slack and /or blocked clutch oil jet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts