KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested to know for a piece I'm writing on adventure motorcycling what reasons people have for why they bike.

I'd be extremely grateful for your comments in twenty words or fewer.

Little Lewy

·
Registered
9,881 Posts
for the freedom, excitement, thrill of riding on/off road, meeting up with mates, excercise and of course adventure

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
no matter how old you are or what bike you ride its always such a cool feeling when you crack open the throttle.

·
Registered
164 Posts
For the thrill of speed, fast bends and overtakes....plus getting through traffic to work in half the time it would take in my car.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
an excuse to get out the house:D

i think its all about a sense of freedom that a car doesn't give you

read any of the motorcycle travel stories and they'll all tell you the same:cool:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
All of the above, but easily summarised by the word Freedom.

·
Registered
9,881 Posts
The good times mate. Has he finished that house yet?
yes - and sold it, got another and got married - fair play to him hey!!

good weekend that was - i'll never forget the ride through the forest in the pitch black - about 15 of us hanging onto one of these to get back to base from the pub!! fooking funny that was - happy days hey!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
FREEDOM

And becuase evryone keeps saying 'you'll grow out of it'.

30 years after starting, numerous off's, eleven broken bones, shit loads of time and money spent over the years, points on licence etc..

But you just carry on, becuase you Know, and those that don't never will.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
Because we can ;)

Whether a blast with friends, a trip with the missus, a simple commute or nipping to the shop for a loaf of bread. It's the ultimate buzz and like many have said, the freedom and the sense of moving just 5 mph while cars are stationary when the traffic's stacked.

It's all good. Oh yeah and it gives me the horn ;) eh Shep? We sharing a tent in Wales? :D

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
On a bike you're a part of the action, in a car you're just a passenger: Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts