KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got one of these? Was tempted with a fuel exhaust but the wings just looks like it was made for it. Just emailed to find out the current price....preparing to be shocked!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Had a shortie fitted on my 1190 and yes it really looks sharp, so much better than the akra trumpet, sounds lovely with the small baffle OR offensive with no baffle.
Quality is first class titainium...........ordered and it arrived in no more than 5 days...

oh and you get a free T shirt and sticker...

By far the best looking pipe for 1190.........Was about 500 squid delivered to UK

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yep, shortie on my 1190R. I have the louder baffle in - you would need to be brave or deaf to run with no baffle. No re mapping required if you run with either of the baffles in or apply the Akra map if running without any.

Been on mine for 30k miles now and 2 winters in all weathers, still good as new. I think the prices went up a fair bit recently but I paid round £500.

It is what the bikes should have had from the factory.

Only note is that they don't have a e-mark which is important in continental Europe but not in the UK.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Just checked my invoice...paid 533ukp delivered.....still a lot less than akra and I got the t shirt ;)

Was not aware about the e stamp thingy......we are off to watch moto gp in Assen....hope those weed puffing cops are wasted!!!

·
Premium Member
8,763 Posts
Yep, shortie on my 1190R. I have the louder baffle in - you would need to be brave or deaf to run with no baffle. No re mapping required if you run with either of the baffles in or apply the Akra map if running without any.

Been on mine for 30k miles now and 2 winters in all weathers, still good as new. I think the prices went up a fair bit recently but I paid round £500.

It is what the bikes should have had from the factory.

Only note is that they don't have a e-mark which is important in continental Europe but not in the UK.
Solved.

E1 BSAU sticker decal-MOT-EXHAUST TAG CAN STAMP MARKING PLATE--ROAD LEGAL-BSAU | eBay

·
Administrator
3,880 Posts
Why not important in the uk?
Because here the coppers can only do you for a single crime, and if you are pulled over there are almost always greater things to do you for - so basically they don't care that much....

Maybe they are just more pragmatic/realist too...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Because here the coppers can only do you for a single crime, and if you are pulled over there are almost always greater things to do you for - so basically they don't care that much....

Maybe they are just more pragmatic/realist too...
Maybe you've met the nicer ones.
But then I do tend to do most of my miles in national parks where coppers love making life difficult for bikes...
Having been pulled twice for roadside checks with a non e marked can on personally I go down the legal route these days.

Not quite as pretty as the Wings, but way nicer than standard and the Akra:

Cheaper than the wings too...

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
I purchased the heat deflectors from wings using an email address I had just set up I then got bombarded with spam...i assume they sell your address on.....the up side is I am about to marry a Latvian lady boy

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the Leo Vince and the Arrow, but they are a bit long, or look it due to being ba more conventional size in comparison to the ballast that KTM provide

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Better looking than the akra but the connection to the link pipe looks a bit shit.

·
Administrator
3,880 Posts
GPR still stands out for me - nicely made, nicely small, super light, looks good.... And I paid £180? Or maybe £230, but certainly no more.
Close second IMHO is the Fuel
Then the rest of the over-priced glamour-badges ;) :p

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Fuel cans are well made and of course made here in uk, as Frog says though the link pipe puts me off it unless someone could come up with a heat shield to cover it that makes it less ugly it's not going to win in the looks stake

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'd have bought a Fuel straight away if they had a cover on the link pipe. They're well made and a nice design but it is a bit of an ugly union.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts