KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I wanna get my '04 625 smc on the road (MOT), so lighting is required - minimum is a rear brake light:dozey::)

Previous owner stripped most of the wiring loom off, so no existing points to plug into:hmh::frown:

So with a rear LED light and front and back banjo brake switches fitted, where do I go next?:confused: Got a wiring diagram, but it looks like I need to make up most of the connections. Two wires sticking out of each brake switch and a yellow, white and grey wire out of the LED

Anyone able to provide an idiots guide on what needs to go where to make the circuits I need. No battery, so it all runs off the engine, so help on how to check it works without the engine running would be useful as well:D

Headlight and horn are next, but unless it easier to include it with this project, they can wait:rolleyes:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So is wiring/lights a mystery to others as well:confused::)

Got a free w/e ahead;), so was hoping for some help/advice to get busy with tools, or onto 'tinternet to source bits:burp:

Or start bothering you lot to look in your sheds:D

·
Registered
549 Posts
Have you decided that you want lights for safety/practical reasons or do you believe that you need lights to pass an MOT?

You don't have to have any lights at all to be legal, all that happens is your MOT limits when you can legally ride the bike to half an hour after lighting down time to half an hour before lighting up time (what is sometimes called a daytime MOT) if you don't have any lights.

In fact, unless you really need lights, you open yourself up to all kinds of problems if you start fitting lights because if you have one light then you have to have them all and they all have to work. So that means front with dip and main, rear and stop (operated from both front and rear brakes) and possibly indicators if the MOT centre is being particularly harsh.

Legal minimum is frame and engine number, road legal tyres, horn that sounds continuosly when activated and a reflector.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, thanks for the heads up on the lights/MOT business, kinda gathered that from a search on this forum:)

However, even no horn at the mo:frown:, and the rear brake light is more for my safety, so any sudden stoppies, give the cans behind me a vague notion that they may not want to squash me:eek:

So even if they are on and I take them off, still need some sort of loom there to plug into:burp:

Any suggestions:confused: wiring related preferably:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts