KTM Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
17,385 Posts
Lots of studies done on this most of which show it to be successful. The issue we have is that wealth, wages etc. are even more unevenly distributed than they ever have been.

A bloke used to be able to go to work, earn a decent crust and retire with a good pension. The wife stayed at home a looked after the kids and was a “housewife”. That’s all fucked that now, the whole lot and theres no going back, ever.

·
Administrator
10,880 Posts
Lots of studies done on this most of which show it to be successful. The issue we have is that wealth, wages etc. are even more unevenly distributed than they ever have been.

A bloke used to be able to go to work, earn a decent crust and retire with a good pension. The wife stayed at home a looked after the kids and was a “housewife”. That’s all fucked that now, the whole lot and theres no going back, ever.

Thats even less progressive than my view 😆

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I am paid by the day, so a 6 day week is what I need to recover from months of no work / low rates during COVID.

I think WFH has made me more productive, I have dropped a typical 3-4 hour daily commute and stress that goes with sharing the roads / trains with cunts.

I am less tired, more motivated and can do things like hang the washing out when taking a short break from the desk, rather than drinking 15 cups of coffee per day and talking to colleagues in the tea areas.

4 longer days would now work for me, four nine hour days instead of 5 x 7.5 hour days would be fine I think, not sure by dropping a whole day I could be more productive.

And so many jobs rely on people either being at work or at a clients, who is gonna pay a builder for 5 days building work if he only turns up for 4 of them?

I think this is the government trying to improve the quality of life having destroyed it - and at the expense of small business owners - but could be a vote winner from the small minded pricks that occupy this Island, who will be the first to moan when their company goes bust, or prices spiral to cover that 20% productivity loss.

·
Registered
10,796 Posts
No they're not saying do longer hours in the days you're working, do 5 days work in 4 normal days.... so who's going to fix your car when the mechanic is off, cos it's his 5th day.... Is Tesco going to shut for 1 day a week ...they would have to take on more staff...

It's a fucked up idea for paper pushers, not for people with proper jobs.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Wazza has hit the nail on the head - the days of 1 bread winner in the family are over and this is what needs fixing.

I understand less work would be beneficial but surely doesn't it have to be for less pay then prices have to come down.

Something needs to be done about food prices and also utilities should be state owned and free. Council tax abolished for all family housing and remove the tax on petrol.
I know someone has to pay but the "basics" should all be affordable - its just not right that people have to choose between heating and eating.

We also need to scrap benefits for not working, there is plenty of scope for people to work in the community even if it is picking up litter.

As for companies offering 7 days a week service then reduced working hours will have to deal with more employees but then again they already do that.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
the thing is , its not the same as in areas where I live , this system wouldn't be compatible to the seasonal work in which we work . its NOT a panacea solution .

·
Premium Member
11,422 Posts
Wazza has hit the nail on the head - the days of 1 bread winner in the family are over and this is what needs fixing.

I understand less work would be beneficial but surely doesn't it have to be for less pay then prices have to come down.

Something needs to be done about food prices and also utilities should be state owned and free. Council tax abolished for all family housing and remove the tax on petrol.
I know someone has to pay but the "basics" should all be affordable - its just not right that people have to choose between heating and eating.

We also need to scrap benefits for not working, there is plenty of scope for people to work in the community even if it is picking up litter.

As for companies offering 7 days a week service then reduced working hours will have to deal with more employees but then again they already do that.
This is the problem, income Tax has one purpose, to make the fiat currency the banks pump out to governments actually worth something so that involves labour.
Someone told me the average deposit needed for a home now is £59K, along with the average of 8X borrowing to wages ratio. This generation is fucked and all through greed of the few, high street banks are extremely reluctant to lend to small businesses but more than happy to lend 20X income on property.

The property market like everything else is a duopoly, there are about five major house builders and every property built is over inflated, this is deliberate to keep property prises high, as is government help to buy schemes. If the government was serious about the housing shortage and not concerned with their incredibly rich landlord buddies, they'd replace the affordable housing stock Thatcher sold off.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
People could achieve the same thing by simply adopting a more minimalist life style rather than the current materialistic one.
Houses should never have been easy to buy and the population should not have increased so quickly... the government did cause both of these with low interest rates (requested by the EU) and immigration (Tony Blair)... and now we have a housing shortage and high house prices... go figure.

But we are here now and there is no easy way back.
People want the latest iPhone and a new car every few years.

I think what is needed is period of real hardship to reset expectations and entitlements, the good/bad news is that I think it is coming.

·
Premium Member
11,422 Posts
People could achieve the same thing by simply adopting a more minimalist life style rather than the current materialistic one.
Houses should never have been easy to buy and the population should not have increased so quickly... the government did cause both of these with low interest rates (requested by the EU) and immigration (Tony Blair)... and now we have a housing shortage and high house prices... go figure.

But we are here now and there is no easy way back.
People want the latest iPhone and a new car every few years.

I think what is needed is period of real hardship to reset expectations and entitlements, the good/bad news is that I think it is coming.
The good old times of immensely rich, feudalism and the peasants. Look around.

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
I work around 20 hours or less a week and earn double what I used to working for the council

I cherry pick my work and fuck off any shit, as above it's not the hours you work it's what you do in the hours a busy fool who works long hours and is cheap, do less charge more , worked yesterday I installed a stove started at 9 finished by 12 earned £300 it's not always like that though sometimes you work your arse off for your money

Any kind of trade who is any good is flat out, booked up for months, I also due to the nature of my job I get plenty if time off in the summer , would I go back to a 40 hour week, fuck no , you get shit dealing with cunts but I do what I want

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Mexicans are lazy cunts aren’t they
No, but the hard workers all fucked off to America ;-)

The entire global Ponzi scheme has seen families needing 2 wages, initially it started with a bit of part time work for Mum when kids at school, now you need 2 decent wages and rich parents to stump up a deposit to buy a house, government dishing out free houses and paying for them with our money (taxes) has helped keep prices high, as have housing associations and government schemes...

...If they left it the fuck alone supply & demand (plus what people can afford) would sort it all out, it almost happened in 2008, but the government bailed all their banking buddies out with our hard earned again.

I agree that many people want too much, we all know people who plead poverty and whinge about being skint but have a £400 a month PCP deal on a car that's worth almost as much as the small house (that is all they can "afford") along with Sofa / Carpets / Kitchen / Funrniture / huge TV all on some credit deal.

I know a fella who does that "alright for you" kind of thing, but he spunks half his wages on a £40k car, in 3 years he will of lost £20k on it, I paid £11k for a <2 year old astra back in 2016, so has cost me £1k per year instead of £7k, why can't people live within their means anymore?

·
Administrator
10,880 Posts
I know a fella who does that "alright for you" kind of thing, but he spunks half his wages on a £40k car, in 3 years he will of lost £20k on it, I paid £11k for a <2 year old astra back in 2016, so has cost me £1k per year instead of £7k, why can't people live within their means anymore?
Because we're here for a good time, not a long time.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Mexicans are lazy cunts aren’t they
Yeah, odd one that. Spend all their time in work and don't actually do anything.

Not as daft as it sounds. There's a TED documentary somewhere covering this. the EU embrace of migrants from Africa is proper fucking over Africa because only their most motivated and smart young people leave and go to Europe.
Liberals patting themselves on the back for being so tolerant, diverse and open-minded, but in reality it's just reverse Imperialism and the ongoing exploitation of Africas number 1 resource.

·
Premium Member
11,422 Posts

The entire global Ponzi scheme has seen families needing 2 wages, initially it started with a bit of part time work for Mum when kids at school, now you need 2 decent wages and rich parents to stump up a deposit to buy a house, government dishing out free houses and paying for them with our money (taxes) has helped keep prices high, as have housing associations and government schemes...

...If they left it the fuck alone supply & demand (plus what people can afford) would sort it all out, it almost happened in 2008, but the government bailed all their banking buddies out with our hard earned again.

I agree that many people want too much, we all know people who plead poverty and whinge about being skint but have a £400 a month PCP deal on a car that's worth almost as much as the small house (that is all they can "afford") along with Sofa / Carpets / Kitchen / Funrniture / huge TV all on some credit deal.

The same people supporting women's rights and pay were also lobbying government to remove 3.5x salary cap on mortgages.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts