KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have another question related to clutches.
Can anybody tell me how I remove the secondary spring/post from a slipper clutch, from TSS/Sigma/Yoyodyne?
It is one of six posts with a little spring on.
when tightening all 6 clutch spring bolts to 10NM, the very last one snapped, leaving the shaft of the bolt screwed In.
there is not enough of the bolt shaft exposed in order to clamp and undo it. Neither can I drill it. So I guess the post will need to be replaced. But how do I remove it?
see pics.
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Hand Musical instrument Gesture Finger Thumb

·
Registered
316 Posts
ouch, a 10 min job turned into a 10 hour job. unless theres a nut on the other end, but i would assume its a threaded part of the inner basket. if youre not confident to drill it, and use an extractor of sorts. your best option would be to attempt to compress the spring, to expose the shaft to be able to clamp onto it. the destructive method would be to cut off the spring, then clamp the post.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sorry I’m a bit late to the party, but I just found my old Yoyodyne/TSS slipper clutch.

From experience, my advice would be to remove the Yoyodyne crock of shit and get as much money down your local scrap yard for it, and put the cash towards a better one (Suter).

You can see my ‘report’ here ….. please read it (including my follow up near the end). It'll save you a lot of grief in the end.

Yoyodyne (also TSS) slipper clutch

To answer your post, the main pillars are screwed into the outer drive base, but they have been pinned, to stop them turning out. You can see the pin once the inner drive has been removed. The base casing has also been preened over to prevent the pins being flung out by centrifugal force.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Machine tool Bicycle part

The pins are 10mm long and the hole to push them into is 6mm, so they would have to be pressed out from inside the pillar (past the preening !)– way outside my remit.

Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

I could hacksaw a pillar off, so that you could have it welded on !!!

…but in reality, just get shot of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts