KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had any experience on the road of Michelin Power 1's ???

If they are the equivalent of roller skates on ice what would anybody recommend for a Duke 690 used on dry days (road and odd track day).

Ive hear talk of :

Dunlop Sport Smart/Road Smart/Sport Max
Pirrelli Supercorsa's
Michelin Road 3
Bridgestone BT-003 RS

Those cut slicks look seriously sticky too but not sure about road use with them ?

After years of racing on Metzler Racetech's (K1 front K2 rear) and i swear by them but have found out you cant get them in my size :hmh:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I use Michelin 2Ct's and there excelent on my 690 Duke. I also used Dungplops and they were awful, no grip and low mileage.

I wonder if Power 1's will work on such a light machine.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I've used Michelin Pilot Power on my 950 SM, and they were superb tyres, so I think Power One's will work perfectly.

Reactions: bigdan64

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Goldspeed Street Sport Ultra's were great on my SMC. Very sensitive to PSI too high or too low and it'd shake it's head about 88mph but great grip on both road and track

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I use Michelin 2Ct's and there excelent on my 690 Duke. I also used Dungplops and they were awful, no grip and low mileage.

I wonder if Power 1's will work on such a light machine.
Only use mine in fine weather these days, but yeah, they work great even on an EXC moto ;)

Reactions: bigdan64

·
Registered
485 Posts
Goldspeed DOTs are great on the dry.

If you use it on the wet, I wouldnt get anyting else but Michelins

Dont get the old pilot power or the 2ct, get the newer ones if possible

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.