1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,879 Posts
you need to buy it wazza....

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Was chatting to that Sam Manicom bloke the other day and his 160,000 mile BMW was on it's fifth shaft drive, he seemed to think that was reasonable and way better than any chain drive.

Not sure I agree with him.

Reactions: Fastbelly

·
Registered
853 Posts
Was chatting to that Sam Manicom bloke the other day and his 160,000 mile BMW was on it's fifth shaft drive, he seemed to think that was reasonable and way better than any chain drive.

Not sure I agree with him.
Either he is buying shit replacements , doing something abnormal such as running it on the centre stand fir king periods of time.

Or it might have been the final drive rather thsn the shaft?

·
Registered
641 Posts
There good bikes, not my cup of tea.....doing a long road trip you can't realy fault um....as long as it doesn't pop the shaft into flames......
+1
They are great to ride and that's about it. Maintenance/servicing costs small fortune and they aren't reliable either. Anyways, BMW is one of the most "cutting edge" car and motorcycle manufacturer, whereas other make (i.e. Honda) like to stick to "tried and tested", which is my cup of tea :) (and yes, I ride KTM)

·
Registered
987 Posts
In the voice of Marcellus Wallace......

"feel that pain? thats shaft fucking with you" :D

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
f*ck in hell! I wouldn't bother, just cram in as much gasket silicone as possible.
also 15 mins to change a front sprocket seal kev??????? It look me at least an hour to do mine the other day. Mind you it was the first time iv done it.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Cutting fucking edge!!?? They put that engine in Bi planes! Any GS looks like they found a shopping trolly frame and wedged an arero engine in it and said jobs a goodun. They then threw everything else at with blue tack whilst wearing a blind fold. The only cutting edge thing about em is random bits sticking out from them.

Apart from that, they are great.

+1
They are great to ride and that's about it. Maintenance/servicing costs small fortune and they aren't reliable either. Anyways, BMW is one of the most "cutting edge" car and motorcycle manufacturer, whereas other make (i.e. Honda) like to stick to "tried and tested", which is my cup of tea :) (and yes, I ride KTM)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.