KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Seems a wee bit pricey to me, just my gut feeling.... it is a 2006 so unless it really has been looked after its 'getting on a bit' in dirt bike terms. is it definitely a 300 you are after?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems a wee bit pricey to me, just my gut feeling.... it is a 2006 so unless it really has been looked after its 'getting on a bit' in dirt bike terms. is it definitely a 300 you are after?

Or Maybe a 200. OOOOO I don't know

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
to put it into perspective, I bought an exc 200 this time last year, it had done 1400 road miles from new and I paid £2k. I know its totally different but I had no doubt at all... £2-£2.5k is really at the top end for a 2006 2t IMHO....

·
Registered
347 Posts
Ask for the seller to put more pics on especially the cases, thats mega low hrs for 4+ years bike thats 16hrs a year!!!! Just wondering why at 64 hrs of work in needed a complete engine re build and all new bearings!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I agree with Marshy, to have a total rebuild at 64 hours seems OTT, and surely the suspension bushes should last more than that if well maintained.

Why hasn't he listed the reg and number of previous owners. With the reg you can HPI it through Ebay at a lower cost, after all he says he has the V5.

As previously said, I would want to view and listen to it before parting with my cash.

Only my opinion, but either its had a harder life than stated or the seller has OCD, but the pictures dont support that sorry.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I think its alright, actually.

There are lots of off road enthusiasts with more money than time to ride. It sounds as if he's serviced it well, obviously spent some money on it. And 2nd hand 300's are pretty popular (and scarce).

I agree its not cheap for an '06, so maybe call him up and make him an offer (also a good moment to ask reg & previous owners). If he fails to sell at asking price, he'll call you back!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts