KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas fellas? I've emailed Garmin to see if they come up with anything :confused:

The Satnav volume is so low you can't hear it with the engine running (in the car or on the bike!)

I've tried restoring to original settings and I've checked and doubled checked both volume controls on the settings and still no joy :frown:

Any of you had this problem and cured it?

TIA

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
To be clear;
Volume on the MP3 player screen, Voice and Music on 100%
Volume on the unit (press btm right button and udjust with +/- to Full bars
and still no Volume, :confused: then you have a problem my man. I would try and give your pins a quick clean with something, not sure what mind, and then wipe the BTM of the Zumo contacts with the same.
All i can say really. Have you tried asking on the Zumo forum---http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php free to join and there are some real spotters on there :p

My Zumo is throwing a wibble at the moment, all my contacts names from my iphone come out as numbers on the zumo, so you can't work out who is who and have to go to the iphone to call a contact. I should really take my own advice and ask on the forum also, :wanker: I am :D:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I've tried restoring to original settings and I've checked and doubled checked both volume controls on the settings and still no joy :frown:

TIA
Was that a Master reset ie hold down the btm right of the screen whilst on boot up. This will erase all your setting/routes/favorites and preferences, so export all routes/favs to SD card before hand (zumo will ask when re-booted if you want to re-import them) Also you will have to do all the bluetooth set up etc again.

Just did mine and all is fine now, hasn't lost any map updates or speed scamera locations (that I have installed on top of the lifetime map updates)
Go on! Go on! Go on!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Cheers fellas

I've done the re-set holding the bottom right of the screen and it's still not talking :mad: I emailed Garmin a couple of days ago, but they've not got back to me yet.
Don't expect a reply soon. If I was you, I would ring them asap. Not sure how old yours is, but if its out of warranty it will cost you about £75 for an out of warrenty repair. I had mine repaired, rubber + button pushed through, said they would just give me a replacement, got it back with in 7 days.

United Kingdom
For all of United Kingdom users and customers in unlisted countries in Europe, Africa and Middle East

Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 17:30 PM Western European Time (GMT/UTC)
Phone: 00 44 808 238 0000

1 - 7 of 7 Posts